Live life with flavor

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Turkey Wraps

Turkey Wrap


I have always loved the turkey wraps that you can get at Costco, but I don't always have time to go stand in line every time I want one. After I discovered how simple and healthy these are, I started experimenting with different cuts of turkey, cheeses, tortillas and sauces. The one that I have pictured is a delicious version of the classic one that we all know. You can make it for a quick lunch, or make as a side dish at a party or an appetizer at your next family barbecue. I really hope that you enjoy this as much as I do!




Ingredients:


1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise (Any flavor. I used a south western flavor in this one)
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 flavored 10-inch flour tortillas (Any flavor. I used sun dried tomato flavor)
1/2 avocado (optional)
1 medium tomato
1/4 pound smoked deli turkey
4 slices (about 3 ounces) provolone cheese
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup romane lettuce 
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
Cooked bacon (optional)


Directions:


In a small dish, stir together mustard, mayonnaise and garlic powder. If using avocado, cut it in half, twisting to remove seed and reserve one half for another use. Then cut remaining half in half again. Peel skin away from avocado flesh. Cut each piece into 4 slices and set aside. Slice unpeeled tomato thinly and set aside.


Microwave one tortilla for 30 seconds, uncovered on high. Spread half mustard mixture over entire tortilla surface. In center of tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch edge, place 2 slices of cheese and half each of the turkey, avocado (if using), tomato, lettuce, sprouts and bacon, if using. Fold in sides and roll burrito style.


Repeat process to make second sandwich. Cut sandwiches in half and wrap each half foil. Serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment