Live life with flavor

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Addictive Jalapeno Popper Bites

Jalapeno Popper Bites
Jalapeno Poppers have always been a hit at parties, baby showers and just every day get-togethers. I don't know if it's the spiciness of the jalapenos or the creaminess of the cheese but people just can't get enough. I've always made those traditional kind. I would stuff a jalapeno with cream cheese and bacon, do the triple dip in flour, egg wash and panko bread crumbs and either fry or bake them. But honestly that got to be too much of a process and I only made them if someone requested them. While surfing around on pinterest.com, I read a blog entry about jalapeno popper bites. I remembered the basic idea behind the recipe while I was out shopping and decided what the heck let's try it.  I have to say it's got to be one of the simplest
recipe I've ever made.  I'm going to try these at
my next event and see how they do. Enjoy!




Ingredients:

1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury crescent rolls


6-8 ounces cream cheese, softened


4 jalapenos, seeded and diced finely


8 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled





Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray.


Open can of crescent rolls and separate each roll along the perforation. Cut each triangle in half.


Place 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese on each roll and top with a teaspoon of diced jalapeno and a teaspoon of crumbled bacon.


Gather the edges of the dough up and pinch them together making sure all the filling is sealed inside. Place the ball of dough seam side down and bake for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment