Live life with flavor

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Reese's Brownie Bites

Reese's Brownie Bites

I was missing a mini muffin pan from my collection of bakeware, so when it was time to purchase one, I had to put it to good use! I wanted to try to whip up some brownie bites using only a select number of ingredients I had on hand. Luckily I came across a brownie recipe from Hershey's that used the most basic of ingredients. I also had some yummy Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on hand, so I decided to throw those into the mix. Feel free to top these little brownie bites with nuts, M&Ms, or whatever other topping you'd like. These turned out more like a muffin than a rich brownie, so if you're really looking for a chocolatey flavor, I'd recommend upping the amount of cocoa in the recipe.






INGREDIENTS:
   
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted


3/4 cup sugar


1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


2 eggs


1/2 cup all-purpose flour


1/4 cup cocoa (or more for a richer chocolatey taste)


1/4 teaspoon baking powder


Dash salt




Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. (You can also use mini liners if you would like) 


Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl. Add eggs; beat well with spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating with spoon until well blended. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.


Crush about 10 (or more if you’d like) miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (or your topping of choice) in a plastic bag.  Sprinkle crumbles over each muffin cup. (If you don't want them mixed in, you can always bake the brownies normal then press mini peanut butter cups in the top when they are still warm as I did above )


Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly; remove brownies from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes 24 mini brownies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment